Is guild wars worth picking up?

Discussion in 'Software' started by MellowMan, Jun 21, 2005.

1. MellowMan

MellowMan First Sergeant

anybody playing this game?

how do you like it? how does it compare to other similiar games? how are the graphics?

thanks for any replies.

2. mdclay

mdclay Private E-2

I have it..
    i think it is a very good game:
    PROS: Free after you buy it, Good Graphics, Good Gameplay
    CONS: Free = Lots of kids..acting strange, Gets Kinda Boring After You Beat It. Not really AS open ended as say like, City of Heros.

I would say buy... :)

3. uberuberuber

uberuberuber Private First Class

well im still trying to sort out my pc problems "slow ram and a overclocked geforce4" but i played this on a friends pc with the new 512mb geforce 6800 ultra and wow. good graphics mind blowing some pared to outher rpg's

game play is cool like 60 hours you can be a high lvl and its not all about haveing uber loot anymore like weps and armor taticts play a big part in the game.

i give the graphics a 10
    game play 9
    replay value is a 10
    and overall game i give about a 9.8 its worth the $49

4. Omegamerc

Omegamerc MajorGeek

PROS: Great grhpx, extended game play, no lag (with a good system), fast patches, good system to fabricate items (IMO), free after purchase.

CONS: System to make items is very expensive, level cap, super duper repeated quests , ie: kill x amount of creatures to get x amount of item. Very frustrating to look for ppl to do the hard quests and find no one is helping out, the crap they sold the game by "its not how much you play but how good you are" is bullcrap; also alot of childish and immature a**holes in it since its a one time purchase game. I personally gave up couple o months after the release havnt touched it in bout 2months, currently im playing Battlefield 2 / CS:S. Looking for the next good mmorpg though!

5. Brandon

Brandon controlmind

Its been awhile since I played it but I was in their beta and didnt like it too glitchy, i dont know if it still is and you have to have a good pc to play it without to much lagg.

controlmind

6. MellowMan

MellowMan First Sergeant

thanks for the replies, think i will pick it up soon.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds