Is Hardware Reacting Again?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Kwak, Sep 25, 2006.

1. Kwak

Kwak Private E-2

Hi there,

I have the following system and as of this morning, when I start the pc, the hard drive would go to 'sleep' right after the Windows XP black screen appears (which follows the motherboard starting screen). The fan and everything is running at this time.

Then a few seconds later, I can hear the hard drive wake up and the pc restarts. I get the 'there was a problem, do you want to run Safe Mode?' option along with Normal Mode.

If I select Normal Mode, the pc would stall again and repeat to restarting. If I select Safe Mode, I can safely access the Microsoft XP login screen and go straight into the windows. I was able to create a backup DVD in Safe Mode (thank goodness, I was able to backup my files).

Please ask me questions and steps you know that would alleviate this problem. I appreciate your time.

Process: AMD Athlon 1200
    Internet: DSL
    Hard Drive: 40gb Western Digital

2. sewy18

sewy18 Private First Class

Could be many issues could be a faulty harddrive can you explain the problem more clearly can't understand it.

3. Estima8tor

Estima8tor Private E-2

If it's working in safe mode there's a good chance it's driver or software related.

Have you tried doing a system restore to a time before the problem started?

Last edited: Sep 26, 2006

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds