Is it cool enough?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by kritter, Jul 27, 2006.

1. kritter

kritter Private E-2

My cpu runs at about 40c most of the day according to my kingwin h20 cooler. I'm sure its close to accurate because on boot it says the cpu temp. I was considering trying overclocking. Everything i have is in my signature section. Does anyone have any suggestions? I built this computer as a poor college student and I just bought the monitor but overall it only cost me about $750 with the monitor. I would like to build another one already but i'm in the process of moving to virginia and starting a career so i have some other priorities to take care of. I am looking to upgrade the ram to 2gb at some point soon because i can sell what i have to my brother who's computer deperately needs another 512.

2. Bold Eagle

Bold Eagle MajorGeek

Well looking at the cooling system you have you should be okay to give it a bit of nudge:

http://www.cluboc.net/reviews/super_cooling/kingwin/arcticliquidcooler/p4.htm

Just make sure that you know what you are doing and take your time. You have digitally controlled fans so if you really crank them up and then run Prime95 or Toast for fifteen minutes what sort of temps are you hitting under load?!? Do a bit more testing under full load and tell us what temps/volts/rpms you are getting. I have a "Prescott" and are getting 41C avg. for idle on AIR.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds