Is it Microtek or is it ScanSoft????

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by fixer, Dec 22, 2004.

1. fixer

fixer Private E-2

I have a Microtek Scanmaker E3 flatbed scanner (guess it is 5 to 6 years old - predates USB scanners). I just purchased ScanSoft Paper Port 10 and I have Omni Forms, Omni Pro, and Pagis. The scanner works fine when I use Omni Pro or Pagis to scan a text document. But trying to use Omni Forms or ScanSoft Paper Port 10 to try and scan a lined form does not work. I either get the form as it was formatted with blank spots where the lines were or if it was a full page of text and lines, I get all the text squeezed together at the top of the page with all the lines gone. I just purchased Paper Port, it was not cheap, and I still have a few days left on the return guarantee (I already have the RMA), but am I being fare? Is it the software or the scanner? Is there some other software I could try? ScanSoft's tech support is all fee based and that could get pretty expensive. Sure could use some help.

2. Omegamerc

Omegamerc MajorGeek

Tis the seasons for sales...get a new one if it seems to be this important to your work/life.;)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds