Is it OK to have two spyware programs installed?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Anon-5bb1fe30d7, May 11, 2008.

1. Anon-9058b2dc2c

Anon-9058b2dc2c Anonymized

I just downloaded Spyware Doctor Starter from this fantastic site. Now it occurrs to me to wonder if it will conflict with the Windows Defender that is installed. As you can tell, I'm no computer mastermind! What do you recommend?

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

Welcome to Major Geeks. Generally speaking, it's OK to run two antispyware apps at the same time. On my home PC, I run Comodo's BOClean and BHR4.5 (even though I don't use IE anymore and BHR is mainly for IE) and I regularly recommend that folks use something in addition to Defender as it isn't really strong enough to run as a solo protection program. I have run it alongside Spyware Terminator, BOClean, and others and never had any issues.

3. Anon-9058b2dc2c

Anon-9058b2dc2c Anonymized

Kudos to you dlb. I appreciate the quick response!:)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds