Is it possible to recover deleted contacts from my Samsung galaxy s4

Discussion in 'Software' started by Luckman, Jun 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luckman

Luckman Private E-2

Hello, I’m new here for help, yesterday I mistakenly press the deleting button on my Samsung S4, and all contacts were gone, how can I recover deleted contacts from my Samsung S4? Please help!

2. mdonah

mdonah Major Geek Extraordinaire

Hi, Luckman. Welcome to Major Geeks. :)

Unfortunately, if you didn't create a backup of your contacts and store the backup on your micro SD card for restoring it or if you didn't sync your contacts with Google, you're faced with re-entering all of your contact information. Sorry.

3. brownizs

brownizs MajorGeek

As long as you had Google or Samsung Sync setup. You should be able to recover. Now if it deleted from the sync account, you may be SOL.

Do the contacts show up in your gmail.com account, if you go to it on a computer?

4. Luckman

Luckman Private E-2

nowk likes this.
  5. mdonah

I haven't used the apps but, it seems to me once something is deleted from solid state memory, it's gone. Unlike a hard drive where the reference to the file is deleted but the file remains until overwritten.

nowk likes this.
  6. mdonah

@Luckman,

I took a look at the links you provided. The first one is a "free trial" and may not recover all of the contacts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds