is my laptop heating?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by gsbharaj, Dec 14, 2008.

1. gsbharaj

gsbharaj Private E-2

i have a hp compaq 6720s laptop with 1.6 dual core processor,1Gb RAM with 120 Gb harddisk.
    i use speedfan to monitor my laptop temperature. so at room temperature of 25-28, here is what i get from speedfan.

local temp:- 42C
    remote temp:- 48C
    HD0:- 42C
    temp1:- 42C
    temp2:- 29C
    temp3:- 21C
    temp4:- 53C (this is my concern)
    temp5:- 50C (this too)
    core0:-50C (this too)

is these temperatures normal? i am concerned about temp4,temp5 and core0 temperatures. please help me.thanks

2. warsphinx

warsphinx Private E-2

I use HWMonitor

I have a inspiron 530 desktop.
    intel core 2 quad 6600 2.4ghz
    gpu XFX 9600 gt
    A thermaltake power supply 550wats
    6GB ram
    600gb HD
    a windows vista home premium 64bit

My TMPIN0 at the HWMONITOR shows 85C at startup and stays around that even while I'm playing.
    I've being like that for about 3 months with no problems at all, I think the program is crazy, tried speedfan also and it shows the same temperature.

How do I make sure it's true?
    I play BF2 every day and Crysis also, my system never froze, start up fast and turn off fast.

If true how do I fix it without damaging the airflow in the case?
    I clean the case every three months for dust build up, so it's really clean.

I spoke to a dell representative and he said not to worry because they didn't know if the reading on the software were true and it shouldn't be because the system runs great. but still I'm concerned. I'll post a picture of the readings larter.

I appreciate any help.
    thanks!

Last edited: Dec 15, 2008
  3. gsbharaj

gsbharaj Private E-2

what is the problem with my laptop temperature?

i have a core2 dual processor 1.6. the problem is this that the temperature of the cores change each second. like if it is 45 then 54 then 53 then 45 then 50........like this it changes continuously....is this normal or is there any problem with my temperature sensors.
    any kind of help will be appreciated.
    P.S. i use speedfan, HW monitor to check my temperatures. and my laptop is new.

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Its not uncommon for the temps to fluctuate like that at all, if depends on what tasks your PC is doing at the time, more CPU intensive applications or games will highten the CPU and MOBO temps, then the fans kick in and reduce the temps, so its a balance.

Just keep your laptop on a flat surface and dont pop on lap, on a carpet, bed, or anything that may block the underneath cooling fans and vents.

sub 60c is not too bad these days for Core2duos and laptops so wouldnt worry just yet.

5. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

My laptop runs about the same if i leave it on a flat surface but all i do is raise the back of the laptop about 1 inch by placing a book under the back and this allows a better airflow.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds