Is there a RAM testing utility

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by msperry, Apr 30, 2005.

1. msperry

msperry Private E-2

I have a Dell 4100 with 340 MB of RAM. Attempts to upgrade from Win ME to XP Home have failed. Microsoft Support has "thrown in towel" as to probable cause. They said it's "possible" that I might have faulty RAM (a long shot). Is there a utility that really checks ram operation?

My computer seems to be otherwise working 100%.

2. killian_sh

killian_sh Private E-2

3. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

Have you ran the XP compatibility checker/Where does the upgrade fail?Are you trying to install xp over me to keep your old files because this is a very bad idea,a load of crap that messes things up will get left behind,you need to backup your files and do a fresh install,can you post more specs of your comp,I'm wondering why you have 340mb of ram,do you have integrated video?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds