Is there a way to keep this from happening?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Spock96, Nov 18, 2013.

1. Spock96

Spock96 Major Geek 'Spocky'

It happens every so often, maybe 1 or 2 times a year, sometimes more. I've changed the password, but is there a way I can stop this from happening all together?

**I've removed my name and my email address from the email for privacy reasons.**

2. Earthling

Earthling Interplanetary Geek

There is no way to stop these attacks but you need a stronger password to be sure they do not succeed.

3. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

Greetings, Spock96.

Agreed with Earthling - the "1 or 2 times a year" sounds about right. Our accounts all get the same probes with the same frequency.

From the IP address and location in your report I would guess that it's a generator that just happened to approximate your account name and password. The laws of statistics dictate that this is going to happen occasionally.

Follow normal security routines and you should be fine.

4. Spock96

Spock96 Major Geek 'Spocky'

Thank you, and I have updated the password to a stronger one.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds