Is there a way to make Firefox load faster?

Discussion in 'Software' started by stritheor, Mar 27, 2005.

1. stritheor

stritheor Private E-2

I searched through the forum and all I found was someone suggesting to add /prefetch:1 to the target under shortcut. I did that, and initially it rocked. FF was loading in 2.25 seconds, as opposed to 10+ seconds. Later on I had to restart and now it doesn't matter if the prefetch is on or not. Every time I open a browser, it takes 10+ agonizing seconds.

I did a search on prefetch and got the impression very quickly, that it's only for XP users. Does it not work on other OSs? I'm using ME unfortunately. But even if that was the case, it worked for a couple of glorious hours.

Does anyone have any suggestions? :confused:

2. AbbySue

AbbySue MajorGeeks Administrator

3. stritheor

stritheor Private E-2

No ma'am. I remember seeing it but the OSs it lists doesn't include mine so I figured ME couldn't use it. Am I wrong?

One thing I did that seemed to help a little was to uncheck "Default Browser" box.

4. AbbySue

AbbySue MajorGeeks Administrator

According to the read me this is for win95 or better. Attached copy for you to look at.:)

5. stritheor

stritheor Private E-2

It works like a charm. In less than a second too! Thank you AbbySue. ;)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds