Is there a way to stop inappropriate content on MSN?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Calv, May 12, 2009.

1. Calv

Calv Private E-2

Hi,

Could anyone tell me how i can stop inappropriate content on MSN? My daugher (12 years) uses it for chat with friends, but recently she said that someone joined the conversation and "a rude picture popped up".

I said to her that someone (her or her friends) must have added this person to the conversation, my daughter says she is not sure. Either way i was wondering if there is a way you can block inappropriate content whilst in MSN?

I have pop-up blockers on my firewall and anti-virus, and the Google preferences are set to block everything....this is the first time i've had problem like this and would just like to sort it in MSN.

Even if theres a way of turning off the ability to prohibit file downloads on MSN?

Thanks for any advice on this.

Calv.

2. JustinHoMi

JustinHoMi Private E-2

3. Calv

Calv Private E-2

Thanks Justin,

Just spoken to someone who says theres a way of restricting the list of people you can speak to on there, so only i can add people rather than the kids doing it.

I'd be happy to get rid of it altogether, i haven;t used it for years, but i'd rather she use it here, with my knowledge of whats going on, than elsewhere where i haven't a clue.

Thanks again.

Calv.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds