Is there any freeware out there for small business management??

Discussion in 'Software' started by rogvalcox, Oct 25, 2005.

1. rogvalcox

rogvalcox MajorGeek

A friend of mine who own a salon, was asking me if I knew of any possible freeware for small business management!! I guess maybe something along the lines of quickbook or something to that effect??

What she is really interested in, is a simple something to keep track of inventory of supplies plus the stuff that she sells off the front counter, and something for maintaining client information (phone 3's addresses, etc.). Those are the main concerns. If she were to be lucky enough, she wouldn't mind some kind of payroll managaement program, and something to track AP & AR. But mainly the inventory and the client info stuff would be top priority!! And it can't require a doctorate in rocket science in order to figure out how to run this program!! She's one of them that require simplicity in order to function...if you know what I mean!! ;)

I know I may be asking for something totally rediculous, but I told her I would ask!! She keeps refering to some kind of program that is engineered specifically for the hair care businesses, and that it cost something along the lines of $10,000, which sounds kind of mundane, but then again...people will buy it because they think it is SOOO much different then everything else out there, and they aren't going to make it without it!! But for something that was made for small private hair salons...seems crazy to me!!

I'm not too firmiliar with this are, so even if somebody knows of something that won't wipe out the pocket book...she might be interested!!

Thank You
    Roger

2. Petaluma

Petaluma First Sergeant

3. rogvalcox

rogvalcox MajorGeek

Cool...Thank You...I think that might be exactly what she needs!! Granted it is $500.00, but it sure beats the hell out fo the $10,000 she keeps refering to!!!

Roger

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds