Is there no MLB game for PC this year?

Discussion in 'Software' started by towerkel, Mar 3, 2006.

1. towerkel

towerkel Private E-2

I see that EA has MVP 06 College. I haven't seen or heard about any other type of baseball game for pc this year. Will there be one for the Majors???

Anyone?

Thanks.

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Some hints on sports and NBA based games forums that later this year will be a NBA live 07.

but guess you'll have to do with NBA Live 06 until then for your BBall action.

3. towerkel

towerkel Private E-2

Thank you for the response.

But that is Basketball and I'm talking Baseball. ;)

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hahahahah Ooops!

you'll have to excuse me as I'm not from the US and thought MLB stood for Major League Basketball all this MLB, NFL, NCAA, NHRA, CIA, FBI... sometimes confuddles me when tired as to which sport they are ;)

but doing a little bit of digging and it seems that EA have lost the exclusive rights to produce MLBaseball game with Take Two entering as a third party http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=7757 http://www.gamespot.com/news/6142595.html so a game could be delayed?

5. towerkel

towerkel Private E-2

Halo,

No worries, my friend. Thank you for the links, that definitely sheds some light on the situation.

6. Jerkyking

Jerkyking Sergeant Major

I hear the Virtural Players are on strike againt the Virtural Union. Something about Steroid testing.

7. A'sfan

A'sfan Private E-2

Alright!!a fellow baseball fan!!! Last year was the last year EA could make games for the MLB. Go A's!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds