Is there such a beast?????????

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by baspinall, Jun 13, 2005.

1. baspinall

baspinall Private E-2

I tripped over my USB cable on my laptop and ripped the USB port out!
    I have been searching the net for a DB9female to a USB female adapter and can't seem to locate such a beast.
    Anyone know of one, better yet a P/N????????

Thanks for any help.

Brian

2. Wyatt_Earp

Wyatt_Earp MajorGeek

If you have a PCMCIA port, your best bet would be to get one of those:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16815104803

If you get a Serial to USB adapter, you will be transferring at the same speed as a serial port. Which can take a very long time, if you're transferring something that's over 20Mbs or so.

3. baspinall

baspinall Private E-2

Good call on the speed issue, didn't even think about it. I really didn't want to nab one of those slots (PCMCIA) but may have to.
    Another option I was considering was to install another mother baord. Not sure about the "processor" part of that install though. Are the chips pushed in a socket or soldered?
    TIA

Brian

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds