Is this the right board??

Discussion in 'Software' started by sweetsusan, Mar 30, 2004.

1. sweetsusan

sweetsusan Private E-2

I have a terrible problem and I'm hoping this is the right board to post on!

Yesterday I was doing a little cleaning, and deleted some files that were apparently not supposed to be deleted. Now all my open browser windows have no tops, meaning I can't minimize, maximize or close a window without manually right clicking on the program in my task bar and closing it.
    How can I get these files back? I also made the mistake of emptying my recycle bin after, so, please, please tell me how to get them back. I just reformatted a few weeks ago, and don't want to go through it again :(
    I'd really appreciate any help or advice you all could give.

Oh, I don't know if it makes any difference, but I'm running XP

Thanks,
    Susan

2. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

Did you right click on the upper part of the browser area, where you would type in an address, to see the options there (menu bar, standard buttons, etc.) Thats typically where you take out and replace buttons, etc.

Also, is it full screen? You may have accidentally hit the f11 button that makes your browser go full screen.

I cant imagine any files that would be removed that would cause this, so not sure restoring anything will help. We may be able to help you repair Internet Explore itself if the above 2 dont work.

1 person likes this.
  3. sweetsusan

sweetsusan Private E-2

Ok, I took a screenshot of what I'm talking about....I have most of my screens customized with Windows Blinds if that makes any diff as well. I used the program Exposed to find what I thought were useless files, won't be doing that again!

Hope it's OK to post this screenshot to show what I'm talking about.

Thanks again so much.

Susan

Attached Files:

4. Major Attitude

Next guess, right click in the tray where Internet Explorer is and choose move to move it around or try restore. This is common when you change screen size, or possibly when a program like Windows Blinds changes size of things.

Attached Files:

5. sweetsusan

sweetsusan Private E-2

Thanks Major! Got everything all fixed up, had to re-install the windows skin I had, now all is well!

Thanks again :)

Susan

6. Major Attitude

That was one of my next guesses to reinstall Windows Blinds followed by a repair of Ie. Im very happy you got it figured out. Dont be a stranger!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds