iSATA loose Cable?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by beezy green, Apr 7, 2008.

1. beezy green

beezy green Private E-2

i SATA loose cable on my MOBO? DATA Sure looks like it to me! These new cables BYTE.

Ok, Ok, Enough puns, Does anyone hav an effective way to keep SATA cables attached to what they're supposed to be.....If anyone has a suggestion..........
    IDE sure like to hear from ya.

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Not had much issues with SATA cables becoming loose on the mobo, but had a quick looking inside case and at a spare SATA and you could when the cables are plugged in pop a bit of electrial tape across the join when SATA cable connector joins mobo plug ( dependant of type of mobo connector as some are different to the one I looking at now ).

[​IMG]

Where blue line is and go around other side too, to hold it in place better.

3. beezy green

beezy green Private E-2

Thank you, mine look a bit different but it just might work, depending of course, on my level of coordination that day. Thanks again
    Beezy

4. DavidGP

Hi

Yes I know what you mean on co-ordination, I have motherboards with various connectors and the different types seem to be able to use the method I mentioned, the only other one I was thinking of and in trying to stear clear of fire and elctrical issues was maybe some "Blu Tack" to hold them in place in areas of none contact with the pins.

5. gimpster123

gimpster123 Bring out the Gimp.

some sata cables have spring clips on them, they're only like 2 or 3 bucks

6. beezy green

beezy green Private E-2

Blue tack, what an excellent idea!
    Thanks again,
    Beezy

7. DavidGP

Didnt know of those, you have link to seller or product?

8. beezy green

beezy green Private E-2

Yes, mine have the clips, but they don't seem to work very well, maybe there is a better cable that I can buy. I'll check it out.
    Thanks,
    Beezy

9. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

if you have Western Digitals then buying a SecureConnect cable will eliminate problems at the drive end, my only issue left was on the mobo side. I borrowed a hot glue gun and problem solved. It's also reversible as opposed to my original idea of supergluing the connector.rolleyes

10. beezy green

beezy green Private E-2

Hot glue! Nice touch!
    Thanks,
    Beezy

11. Trussman

Trussman Private First Class

AuggieDoggie, I have a couple of hot glue guns around here and have used them for years. But I never once thought of using it to hold these into place. Great Idea. Alot easier than tying with those little plastic wire tie's

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds