Iso Create And Mount Difficulty

Discussion in 'Software' started by Dekade, Feb 18, 2016.

1. Dekade

Dekade Sergeant

Windows 7 Pro 64Bit - I have created an ISO for MS Office 2010. I created it using AVS Disc Creator (the one I always use for ISO creation) by AVS4You.com. Then I use SlySoft Virtual Clone Drive to mount with.

When I went to mount the MS Office 2010 ISO the mounting procedure rejected the effort due to my OS being 64 Bit and the mount was attempting a 32 Bit mount.

However - the MS Office 2010 disc has a x64 and a x86 folder. BUT, my AVS Disc Creator will not allow me to go into the disc directory to select the 64 bit folder ONLY to create an ISO; Nor will the Virtual Clone Drive allow me to dig into the file structure of the ISO.

What do I do? Different ISO software???? What suggestions???? Different mount software???? What suggestions. OR - BOTH???? OR - what do I do period to overcome the predicament????

Thanks,

Dekade

2. Earthling

Earthling Interplanetary Geek

As the only use you can put the iso to is to install Office, why not install it from the disk?

3. Dekade

Dekade Sergeant

Not able to do so in a laptop without a DVD drive.

4. Earthling

Last edited: Feb 18, 2016
  5. Dekade

Dekade Sergeant

Was wanting to stick with ISO procedure but I'll look at your suggestion.

6. Earthling

THIS article may help

7. Earthling

The flat install will work but you will need first to extract the ISO to a folder on your HD. 7-Zip will do that for you. Details in the previous link.

8. Dekade

Dekade Sergeant

So, is this 'flat install' method the 'new' ISO mount??? Seems to me a bit antiquated as a result of all the steps. I can't really tell if the process is an attribute or a detriment.

Something isn't making sense to me yet. Are there not any software's (free or paid) where I can go into the ISO and mount only the 64 Bit process?? Are there not any software's where I can create an ISO for ONLY the 64 Bit install folder?

9. Earthling

My suggestion is a workaround for a problem to which I cannot see any other answer. It will work but if you want to go on searching for an alternative that's fine.

10. Dekade

Dekade Sergeant

I understand your offering. I just thought that something would be available. But, as of yet I have not found it. I am even trying to see if Microsoft has the ISO in 64Bit available but I haven't located an avenue for that solution either.

11. Earthling

I suspect your problem is Virtual Clone Drive being unable to handle the iso. Win 10 and, I suspect, Win 8.1 will mount an iso just by right clicking it. Not much help to you atm I know, but for the future ...

12. foogoo

foogoo Major "foogoo" Geek

13. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

14. Dekade

Dekade Sergeant

It might just be that my ISO creator program might be the issue at fault. I will try your suggestions. I did see the 'raymond' article.

Your comment relative to the Virtual CD - could your comment potentially stem from you questioning the capabilities of the program I used to create the ISO? - By somehow NOT putting the ISO together correctly?
    I think what I will do is perform a system backup before bringing these new programs on board. Then I can see if bloatware is present; choose the one I like; then restore the system; and follow up with an install of the program(s) that does/do the job for me.

If anything else comes to mind from anyone please provide your input.

Dekade

15. Dekade

Dekade Sergeant

I'm not trying to be difficult here but I need some dedicated help. I am trying to learn, understand, and apply. I cannot locate any FREE software to create another ISO from the 2010 Office Professional DVD. Before I am forced to pay for a ISO creator software I want to understand if there is possibly something that the MS Office DVD has on it that prevents a good ISO creation.

The Office 2010 Professional is a 3PC license NEW UNOPENED DVD purchased on EBAY. On my Win7Pro x64 DesktopPC I used the DVD optical drive to install the program. The install and installation key worked perfectly. So I then created an ISO using AVS Disc Creator. This was so that I could install the program onto my Win 10 Pro 64bit laptop. It is important to note that I created 4 other software ISO's (from DVD's) using the AVS Disc Creator. They all executed and installed without any problems.

I first (for the fun of it) tried the Office 2010 Professional ISO install on my 2nd Win7Pro x64 DesktopPC (even though I could have used its DVD drive). No go. Then I tried the ISO install on the Win10 Pro x64 laptop. No go.

Attached are two .png's showing the file structure of the Office 2010 Professional. Also attached are three .png's showing the error popup's when trying to execute from the ISO.

I (need/strongly desire) to understand what this is all about. I don't really (at this moment in time) want a workaround. I want an understanding that potentially can lead to a creation of a successful functional ISO.
    1. 14_1.png (225164) shows the DVD main file structure
    2. 14_2.png (225165) shows the DVD 64 bit file structure
    3. 14_3.png (225166) shows the error popup when I execute the main "setup.exe" in 14_1.png
    4. 14_4.png (225167) shows the error popup when I execute the 64bit "setup.exe" in 14_2.png
    5. 14_5.png (225168) shows the error popup when I execute the main "setup.exe" in Win10Pro x64
    Please HELP.

14_1.png 14_2.png 14_3.png 14_4.png 14_5.png

16. Earthling

I don't have an Office 2010 disk I could test but I can't find anything online to suggest the disc is somehow protected. I know you don't want a workaround but if you can't find software that will create a usable iso it looks like you will have to get an external DVD drive or use the flat install method I've already explained.

17. Eldon

18. harmless

harmless Staff Sergeant

since you know about SlySoft, AnyDVD HD will make ISO files of any disk in your drive, and you can try it free for 21 days.

19. Dekade

Dekade Sergeant

Thanks Earthling. External DVD drive may be the ultimate solution. I just like the ISO process so well; it is so smooth and fast versus hunting up discs - even though I have my discs well organized.
    I haven't tried the actual MG link you supplied. I had checked it out at their OEM website and its cost is supposedly $3.99 (that's what I gathered anyway). Yep, I realized that it was ridiculous to dabble over $3.99 but yet I did not want to keep using the credit card and then have a ton of free trials to battle through refunds with. that's where my head was, at that particular point in time. Thanks.
    Yes, I was at their website. I am now going to try and download it. For some reason (everything is now getting jumbled in my mind) I didn't try the free trial. One of the apps that I looked at said there was a 500MB limit on the ISO create; which was not large enough for the need here. I don't recall directly if it was SlySoft or not. Like I said, I will now try to download it and use it. Thanks.

20. Dekade

Dekade Sergeant

I must be blind or something. I downloaded - and I see no way to create an ISO.:confused:

21. Eldon

DAEMON Tools Lite is free.

Dekade, have a look over here at WinX DVD Copy Pro.
    http://www.winxdvd.com/specialoffer/index.htm?index
    It's available at a 40% discount.
    You can copy a DVD and save it as an ISO, mount it to a virtual drive, and burn it to disc.
    One stop shopping...

Also look over here.
    http://www.winxdvd.com/dvd-copy-pro/
    For an extra $6 you can get both WinX DVD Copy Pro and WinX DVD Ripper Platinum.
    I used the latter to rip a copy-protected DVD of 128 minutes in just 32 minutes.
    More importantly, I selected exact copy and saved it as an ISO file. And I have a 1.8 GHz Celeron CPU and 3 GB RAM.

22. Dekade

Dekade Sergeant

I downloaded DTLite. The only thing that is free is the ability to mount. To create an ISO one has to buy their Editor module for $7.00US. The WinXDVD looks good - their return policy is pretty stiff; there has to be something wrong with the software before a return is approved. May still try it.

Looks like I will study the "flat install" method first. Then maybe try a program where the return is not as strict. Next, I'll try copying the DVD to a USB drive for the install. Can't, as of yet, bring myself to buying an external optical for a one time use.

Does anyone know if there is a method by which to install software from a desktop PC > through a 'workgroup' peer to peer network > onto a laptop????

23. Eldon

24. foogoo

Did you try copying the files from the CD to a USB and just run the setup? Forget making an ISO.

25. Dekade

Dekade Sergeant

On Sunday the 21st I decided to toss in the ISO towel. I copied the MS Office 2010 x64 folder onto a USB and attempted the install onto the laptop. Total success. I knew this method via a post from mdonah or eldon or one of those people constantly helping - months and months back. So, it was always in the back of my mind. Thus when I got sick and tired of messing with the ISO method I gave into the USB method and it worked. The negative that I was trying to avoid was making certain that I never lost the original DVD; or the USB that I copied the DVD onto. Anyway - Problem Solved. Not a penny put out for ISO software or mounting. :D

Eldon and Earthling like this.
  26. Dekade

Dekade Sergeant

I just received an email from Support @ AVS4You ( the software I use for creating ISO's.) Here's what they had to say:

2/26/2016 8:01 AM
    Tess (subject: Support answer)

Dear ----,

We regret to inform you that unfortunately there can be problems with creating ISO for Microsoft discs.

Currently there is no resolution to the issue. We will let you know if it is found.

Should you need any further assistance feel free to contact us.

Best regards

Major Geeks Forum - Just thought you all would like to know one company's approach on the ISO issue with MS software.

Kind Regards,

Dekade

Earthling likes this.
  27. Earthling

Thanks for that :)

28. Dekade

Dekade Sergeant

You're more than welcome Earthling.

29. foogoo

You're welcome.

Dekade likes this.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds