ISO: free windows vista itunes utilities

Discussion in 'Software' started by lvirden, Dec 18, 2010.

1. lvirden

lvirden Private E-2

I am seeking some free utilties to accomplish the following tasks:

1. manage photos loaded into my ipod classic via windows itunes 10. I want to remove some of the pictures there.

2. utilty that allows me to mark an mp3 file to indicate it is a podcast and should be listed in the itunes 10 podcast tab.

3. right now, my ipod is marked as being managed manually. I would like to find a utility that would make certain that any song on the ipod is in my itunes, and any song on my itunes is on my ipod. For some reason, there appears to be some songs on the ipod that are not in itunes right now - someone in the house might have accidentally deleted them.

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

iTunes is notmally the best app to manage any iPod or iPhone etc, so your ask is not easy but try Songbird and see if it will do what you want as its an Open Source clone of iTunes.

3. lvirden

lvirden Private E-2

As far as I can tell, iTunes on Windows does not allow me to do anything with the photos once it puts them onto the iPod. Also, I have not found a way in iTunes to tell it that a particular mp3 file is an audio book or a podcast. Finally, I can't find a way in iTunes to get songs off the iPod and into iTunes.

I looked at Songbird, and it might help with the last of these three things. I'm still looking for programs that deal with the other two items.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds