Issue porting over Malwarebytes via CD

Discussion in 'Software' started by newbieputerbuf, Nov 16, 2010.

1. newbieputerbuf

newbieputerbuf Private E-2

Have an issue getting Malwarebytes copied to a CD, and getting it to run the install on another PC. The PC is having issues with MS Internet Explorer, and can't get internet access. I know the LAN connection is good at this friends residence, as I can connect with my laptop. I figured, why not load up Mozilla and see if I can access using it.

I download the Malwarebytes from this great site, but when I go to port it over to the other PC, it does not install. I see a DOS window pop up, and then disappear. Then it pops up saying it did not install correctly, and I can't get it working.

Any thoughts? Is it somehow looking for an internet connection during install, not finding one, and shutting down?

2. rustyjack

rustyjack MajorGeek

Try looking for Mbam portable see if that helps !;)

3. plastidust

plastidust Command Sergeant Major

Might also try renaming the MalwareBytes "setup" file. Before you do though, be sure that in "Folder Options" under the "View" tab that "Hide extensions for known file types" is unchecked.

If it's MalwareBytes Anlti-Malware 1.46, try renaming the "mbam-setup.exe" file to something like "onefourx.exe". Similarly, if it's MalwareBytes Anti-Malware 1.50 Beta, try renaming the "mbam-setup-1.50-beta.exe" to something like "onefivex_B.exe". Then try the install.

If renaming the setup file works, strongly suggest you follow the steps in the READ & RUN ME FIRST. Malware Removal Guide and then start a new thread, attaching the requested logs, in the Malware Removal forum.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds