Issue With Brother Printer Software

Discussion in 'Software' started by usafveteran, Jan 10, 2016.

1. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

Hi folks. I'm running Windows 10, which came from my downloading of the Insider Preview version before Windows 10 was released to manufacturers. My Brother printer is connected to my router so that I can access it from different computers. I installed the Brother software, downloaded from their website, for Windows 8 since they did not show Windows 10 as an OS.

This worked fine until about a month ago. Then, a problem arose where the user control panel, called Control Center3, opened via a icon in the Notification Area, in the Hidden Icons box, appeared blank white. This renders it useless. I uninstalled the software and then reinstalled from a fresh download but the problem remained.

Perhaps I should mention the Control Center appears to use Flash. If I right click on it, I see an item about Flash Player. See the attached image.

Attached Files:

2. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

I just noticed something odd about this. The Flash version shown in the Brother right click menu is 20.0.0.272. If I visit http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/ with Firefox, I see that the latest version of Flash for Microsoft Windows is 20,0,0,267, which is what I have installed.

3. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Both versions are correct for the respective browsers. IE on Windows 8 and below currently is 20.0.0.272 and flash for non-IE browsers is currently at 20.0.0267. They do not always match.

Flash for v 10 has yet to be determined because MS's flash version was creating problems on 10 so they were still working on it, the last time I looked.

From time to time there are different versions of flash for IE and non-IE browsers.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds