issue with IOS not supporting specific MIB

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Shadowchaser, Jan 6, 2011.

1. Shadowchaser

Shadowchaser A Really Great Guy

Ok guys, am working on a network that is using a Cisco Catalyst 6509 with 2 supervisor modules and it's running IOS version 12.2(33)SX​H7, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc3), image s72033_rp-​ADVIPSERVI​CESK9_WAN-​M. We are using Solarwinds Orion for NPM and using Solarwinds UnDP (Universal Devise Poller) to manually configure some pollers on that particular switch but the MIB I need to poll is sysConfigSupervisorModuleNo (OID of 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.4.1.1.52) but it says that the MIB is not supported. Does anyone know of either:

1. a site that outlines the MIB's each IOS supports
    2. a particular IOS that has support for this MIB
    3. another solution to having the Supervisor module report it's condition as an alert within Solarwinds Orion?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Jack

2. Shadowchaser

Shadowchaser A Really Great Guy

does anyone have any experience with using MIBs and OIDs in their network? At this point anything might help.

I did find a site that lists various MIB's supported by the various IOS versions, I will post that tomorrow as I'm out of time for today. Not sure if I have to import the particular MIB into an IOS version that supports it or what. Again, will write more on this tomorrow. If nothing else maybe someone out there will be able to learn from my own ramblings and mistakes here (if no one else can help me out).

Jack

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds