issue with laptop - WiFi slow to conect & Apps Hanging

Discussion in 'Software' started by faolchu, Nov 12, 2015.

1. faolchu

faolchu Private E-2

guys

I've a samsung laptop thats about 3 years old. its running Windows 7 home premium with 6GB Ram and an i3-2350 (2.3GHz) cpu

a while ago it was dog slow, taking 20 minutes for the Wifi to connect, when connected webpages would hang so i ran a bunch of AV scans and cleaned up what was found. updated the drivers and so on but still no luck. so i rebuilt it using the recovery partition to factory spec. it was running fine for a while

Now whats happening is any time uTorrent opens it hangs the laptop, thought it was maybe the windows Firewall so disabled that and it was no better. Switched to Deluge and that ran fine for a few days and again started acting up. but even outside the moral/legal/ethical aspects of using a torrent app the WiFi still takes minutes to connect, when the laptop boots it takes a good 5-10 minutes to be usable. once its running its fine until a torrent app are opened or theres more than 6 browser pages opened and then it becomes unresponsive again.

Ran an Avira AV scan and it came back clean, checked with Malwarebytes and that came back clean also.

any recpommendatiosn on where to start looking for a cause and resolution for this?

2. falconattack

falconattack Command Sergeant Major

Hi my friend , welcome to MG's :major your problem is the hdd i think , you could follow this

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2641432

even you can go to

Start - Run ( typing in blank ) msinfo32 - ok

on the left column selecting

Components - Storage - Disks - on the third choice is the model of your hdd , you can inform us about this :wave

3. faolchu

faolchu Private E-2

its a samsung hn-m500mbb

I'll check that MS link out and come back also

4. Earthling

Earthling Interplanetary Geek

Torrent is a two-way street. It could be that your PC is too busy seeding and that is slowing it down. Not very fair perhaps but you could delete all your torrent downloads to get more acceptable performance.

5. faolchu

faolchu Private E-2

true but i have very little downloading or seeding at the minute something like 10-15 torrents thats it and i think only 2 of those are fully completed downloading and seeding.

also ran sfc scan for file integrity but it came up clean. gonna try the seagate tool to integrity test the disk

6. falconattack

falconattack Command Sergeant Major

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds