Issues with Outlook and Add-Ins

Discussion in 'Software' started by dell1705user, Sep 18, 2009.

1. dell1705user

dell1705user Corporal

I'm using MS Outlook on a Dell E1705 Inspiron... Ever since I upgraded to MS Office 2007, I've been getting 2 security concerns pop up in a window, that I've always just X'd out of and Outlook continues to load and operate fine. However, I upgraded my I-pod/I-tunes software just yesterday and it seems to have created 2 more security concerns in Outlook when it's started so I've decided it's time to deal with these issues. The pop up windows look as follows (KEEP IN MIND THERE ARE 4 SEPARATE WINDOWS THAT ALL SAY THE SAME THING EXCEPT FOR THE DIRECTORY PATHS):

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Microsoft Office Outlook Security Notice

Microsoft has identified a potential security concern

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveTransceiver.dll
    C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesOutlookAddIn.dll
    C:\PROGRA~1\MI1933~1\Office12\OMSMAIN.DLL
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\MobileDeviceSupport\bin\OutlookChangeNotifierAddIn.dll

This application add-in has been disabled. Add-ins might contain viruses or other security hazards.

(Buttons)
    Trust all documents from this publisher
    Enable application add-in
    Disable application add-in
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The pop-ups appear in the exact order of the directory pathways above. Should I select one of the options in the window or is there another underlying problem that needs to be dealt with?

Thanks,

Adam

2. dell1705user

dell1705user Corporal

Any ideas anyone?

3. TeeCee

TeeCee MajorGeek

Hi dell1705user, looks like you have been waiting a while. I will see what I can find out for you.. Sorry it took so long, normally it doesn't take this long.... I have a Dell Inspiron, and also OE.. But, I didn't download any "i-toons" thingys, and I am no t getting those messages, but I will see what I can find out for ya... and what they mean.

What is your OS? XP or Vista?

Hang in there, and don't give up now... ;)

Last edited: Sep 23, 2009
  4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

When you get these popup windows are their options to choose from listed, which generally are Trust All Documents from Publisher, Enable Application Add-in and Disable Application Add-in?

When they popup again when you open Outlook you can choose Trust all documents from this publisher on all of them as they are fine, maybe not needed in all instances as never seen a scenario where I may need iTunes add-in to be in Outlook! but you never know.

GrooveTransceiver.dll is from MS Groove
    iTunesOutlookAddIn.dll is iTunes
    OutlookChangeNotifierAddIn.dll is iTunes again
    OMSMAIN.DLL is Outlook syncronisation for mobile data syncs, so if you have a smart phone and it allows syncronisation with Outlook this needs to be enabled.

5. TeeCee

TeeCee MajorGeek

Good Catch, Halo! ;) I was just about to ask the same question... Hopefully, he will come back and have an answer.

6. chickens

chickens Private E-2

I'm not sure if this will fix the problem, but try going to 'Tools --> Trust Center --> Add-Ins'. Then down in the bottom half of the window there is a box that says 'Apply macro security settings to installed add-ins'. Make sure this is unchecked.

I had a very similar issue with 4 or 5 boxes coming up and this appears to have corrected the problem.

7. Two Steps

Two Steps Private E-2

And the beat goes on. For some unknown reason this problem suddenly appeared for me as well, which is a bit of a mystery, but at any rate both suggestions worked as far as removing the error.

Now if I can only figure out why Outlook doesn't recognize my account administrator setting... Always a gremlin, somewhere, someplace.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds