It Wont Submit!

Discussion in 'Software' started by DiviNe187, Jul 9, 2005.

1. DiviNe187

DiviNe187 Private E-2

Hi there, im running Miniportal (+mySQL and php plugins) on my windows XP (SP1) based comp. I managed to get it all working but, there's this thing that bugs me and i want to know if its something im doing, or if its the server im doing it with. This last one because i tried it to do it on multiple servers and they all did the same. What did they? well... i have this source...some of you might know it its called Deto (planetarion) Its a php based tick game. The ticker runs trough a browser metarefresh. Anyways back to the point, i have a modified version of it and thats what im running at the moment. This modified version always ran perfectly on my remote hosted webserver (ipowerweb.) But now well...i run install just like i always did, all works just fine. No errors at all but.... In the sql dump it automaticly makes an admin acount, this acount does not work, neither does signup... It always have done it but it doesnt anymore :( If u try signing up it basicly just refreshes the page with all fields blank again, same goes for the login section.

I dont know what to do, i dont have a lot of programming experience hence the premade source. (Im learning! ;) )

I hope some1 knows what im talking about and is able to help me out here.

Thanks in advance,
    DiviNe

P.S. I tried myPHPpa and it does excactly the same! what can this mean?

2. DiviNe187

DiviNe187 Private E-2

Ok, seems it was quite an small mistake.. seems that miniportal's php version also automaticly sets the register_global off. This seemed to be the problem it runs perfectly now :cool:

So if any if you have this problem i had; go to your php.ini and change register_global to on.

Wich reminds me... is there an easy way to convert it to a non register_global login?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds