Its Melting, Its Melting

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Anon-15281db623, Jan 26, 2004.

1. Anon-15281db623

Anon-15281db623 Anonymized

Hello everyone,
    I just joined here today, so i can see if i can get this problem fixed. I recently Built a computer. My XP2800 temps are around 60 Idle and 69 under load. At first i thought the hsf was not seated properly but i reseated it and still the same. I am using the stock fan and want to upgrade. Anyone got any suggestions. I was looking at a Volcano 7+ the new Volcano 12 is way to heavy.
    Thanks All!!

PS. There are 5 fans in my case so i have pleanty of airflow. Also the speed controller that is included. Is it optional? Could i hook it up to a controller i have on my case? :D

2. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

I have the Volcano7+ on the same CPU. Runs 50C on medium speed. Pretty decent cooler.

I'm no electronics expert, but I'd have to say you can most likely hook it up to another controller.

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

You may have 5 fans in your PC but alot depends on which way they are blowing... you can end up with dead air and cancel out the fans effect.

plus are all the cables neat and tidy as that also can have a great effect on the airflow.

4. General_Lee_Stoned

General_Lee_Stoned BuZZed Lightyear

agreed with halo you got get that air flow set up right or the fans might as well not be there

also 1 got a volcano 9 and ive wired the speed controller up to my own custom rheobus and it works just fine :)

5. DavidGP

6. Anon-15281db623

hello everyone,
    Thanks for the help. I have two fans in the front blowing air in, two in the back blowing air out and a fan sucking air away from my video card. There is also the two fans on my psu and of course the stock fan on my cpu. As for wires. I have round cables and half of the wires are covered. It is kinda messy right now. I got my new power supply today. Any way back to the temps. I turned on my winbond hardware doctor and my cpu temp at idel was 24C!!! There is some thing wrong here. The other day they were at 60s idle. Can any one suggest a better monitoring program that will work with my XFX NF2S-ALH Mobo? Thanks for all your help again. I would like to post a screen shoot showing you guys the monitior but i dont know how.:eek: If some one could instruct me i could let you guys see it right away. Thanks

See YA

7. General_Lee_Stoned

8. Anon-15281db623

Here is the screen shot lets see if it worked

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 27, 2004
  9. DavidGP

unfortunatly you cannot link direct from your HD you will have to use the manage attachments button below the text post window > click browse find the picture and click upload then close the window that poped up and the pic will be attached to your post.

ps. dont use the Quick Reply window click Post Reply for full options.

oh.. and I did check Motherboard Monitors WWW for settings for your board NONE listed unfortunatly... looks like XFX are new to the game!

10. General_Lee_Stoned

you cant link to the file on your pc you need to upload it if you scroll down the page where you reply you will see manage attachments tab click that browse to the file on your pc then press upload

just like halo says :D

11. Anon-15281db623

Thanks everyone. I to checked the list and there is no xfx. Check my last post. I got a screen shot of the current monitor i am using. Please tell me what you think.

See YA

12. BigBird

BigBird Private First Class

I use a similar version of that winbond monitor. I do think something is wrong, as your system temps are showing higher than cpu temp...wrong, wrong, wrong. Either the temp probes are jacked or that program is acting up! Try re-installing it. Also you can check you idle temps in the bios. See if they are similar to the temps shown by the winbond program!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds