iTunes 8.1 Help Needed

Discussion in 'Software' started by billyXbantams, May 13, 2009.

1. billyXbantams

billyXbantams Private E-2

Hi Guys,

I am trying to install iTunes 8.1.1 and i'm having some serious problems! I got past a few issues thanks to help on the apple website, but this one has stumped me!

Essentially, when i am trying to install the update i get to 95% complete and it tells me that i dont have the correct Isscript.msi file installed and i should run the correct one or contact my support team!

Now i have been on the installsheild website and downloaded the file for programs starting with 8 (i also updated the one for 11 as part of another issue) but it still wont install!

I have re-installed iTunes 7.5 as a cover, but my new iPod wont connect to this software so i am in limbo at the moment! (However, since it lets me install 7.5 its surely got to be a Isscript.msi file issue?)

If anyone here knows how to resolve this i would be very grateful, otherwise i just wasted £150 on a new iPod that i cant use!

Thanks!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds