iTunes download triggers Comodo--difxinstall32.exe

Discussion in 'Software' started by ZenPup, Jun 11, 2014.

1. ZenPup

ZenPup Private E-2

I renamed one playlist on iTunes, and created a new one that contained already downloaded songs. These are all the changes I made, but when I sync my iPod, the newly renamed list shows with its new name, yet the new playlist does not, no matter what I name it or how many times I try, disconnect, retry, etc.

So I tried to update the version of iTunes on my laptop to 11.2.2. Comodo is balking at the DifXInst32.exe file, in both the firewall and defense alerts. This made me concerned, and no search here or on the internet in general turns up any definitive good/evil judgment.

But... in the time it took me to get create this message, my Comodo pop-ups, which I deliberately left open (since I didn't know whether to allow or deny them) have gone away, and now the installation says the software has successfully installed.

I hope this is all a good thing, but if anyone knows that it may be a bad thing, please holler quick!

2. mdonah

mdonah Major Geek Extraordinaire

Comodo, like other AV/firewall software, will have false positives. You should go into Quarantine from the dashboard in the upper right, right click on the file(s) and choose Submit then Restore/allow and add it to your white list.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds