iTunes organization problem

Discussion in 'Software' started by oneraddadd, Mar 5, 2008.

1. oneraddadd

oneraddadd Private E-2

Help. I have ripped over 500 cd's into my iTunes 7.5...no quick task. I have now discovered that iTunes has inexplicably placed many of my single artist cd's into a folder titled "Compilations". I have been trying unsuccessfully to rename the subfolders and create single artist folders outside of the "compilations" folder, but it keeps moving all of the songs back. I even tried deleting all of the cd from iTunes, and reloading it, but it still put it into the "Compilations" folder.

Any one run into this problem and figured out a solution?

Thanks!

2. gqsmuv

gqsmuv Private E-2

highlight all the songs...or the ones that you are having an issue with, right click and Get Info...a window pops up and go into the Info tab...on the bottom, there is a box to check/uncheck: Part Of A Compilation...i assume it's checked for you now, uncheck it and see if you can organize it the way you want afterwards...

3. gqsmuv

gqsmuv Private E-2

also, forgot to mention, go into Edit, Preferences...and then General tab, uncheck Group Compilations when browsing

4. oneraddadd

oneraddadd Private E-2

That did work very well. Thank you so much for your help :D

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds