ITunes - playlist disappear

Discussion in 'Software' started by rb3bm4, Mar 4, 2015.

1. rb3bm4

rb3bm4 Private E-2

I am using ITunes v12.1.1.4 on a pc running Windows 7. I play music on a IPod. Several ITunes updates ago my playlists disappeared. If I click on Playlists my playlist is not there and only music purchased since the update is there. If I go into Account all my music is there under purchased. Is there a way to recover the old playlist or how do I re-create it?
    Thanks, RB

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Itunes is the devils work, not a great app but does for iPod and iPhone, I have seen updates for me have this effect and only way is to re-create the playlist from scratch if you can remember the tunes you added in the first place.

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201561

What you can do in the future, so that if this happens again is to expert your playlist/s and for that just highlight the playlist and click File > Library > Export Playlist

Then if same happens again you lick File > Library > Import Playlist

Is music you purchased missing?
    Can try this https://support.apple.com/en-gb/ts1408

3. rb3bm4

rb3bm4 Private E-2

Thanks David GP. As a pc user, I'm surprised at the disconnect between perception and reality when it comes to Apple products. But I guess that's another conversation. Will check both these links. ITunes has lost some of my music before and it was a real hassle to retrieve.
    RB

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds