iTunes takes over everything

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by gr8flscott, Sep 23, 2012.

1. gr8flscott

gr8flscott Private E-2

I was searching for a music file on my computer, and when I foud it I tried to open it. I was given the option to choose which tool I would llike to use to open it, so I chose iTunes. Not sure what I did, but now everything that had an icon (shortcuts on my desktop, staples in the start menu, programs on the task bar) became an iTunes icon and is now a shortcut to iTunes. I had to go into the c: program files just to open Firefox (and would have had to for IE also). What the hell did I do, and how can I udo it?

2. gr8flscott

gr8flscott Private E-2

3. Colemanguy

Colemanguy MajorGeek

This isn't normal itunes behavior, unless you allowed it to be the default player for audio files. You probably want to run some malware tools and see if your clean, if you come up with things there, you should visit the malware forum and follow there guideline.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds