iTunes + Vista

Discussion in 'Software' started by FlawlessCowboy, Sep 10, 2007.

1. FlawlessCowboy

FlawlessCowboy Private E-2

Basically, upgraded to Vista for some reason (may have been severely drunk). Installed all the usual programs I use, no problems until I came to iTunes.

After installing it I was checking the functionallity and I noticed that it won't let me burn or import CD/DVD's, it just says that it can't detect any disc burning software or that it can't find any compatible burners. This is dumb, as WMP will find them and when I was still running XP it worked fine.

I have no idea what the problem is, I've tried re-installing and that hasn't worked, even tho it keeps telling me that that's the solution.

1 - Has anyone got this problem/seen it before?
    2 - Is it a Vista or iTunes problem?
    3 - How do I/Can I fix it?

All help appreciated! :p

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

1. Yes if you have Vista 64bit installed as the Gear drivers iTunes uses are incompatible with the 32bit version iTunes loads, you have to manually remove the gear registry components then install the 64bit gear drivers... an apple thread on this http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1075767&tstart=0
    2. If WMP finds your CD/DVD drives fine then its a iTunes issue
    3. If not done already make sure you have latest version of iTunes as in version 7.4.1

3. FlawlessCowboy

FlawlessCowboy Private E-2

I've gone through all of the steps pointed out by Halo (thanks dude) but this hasn't solved the problem, simply moved it's focus. Now iTunes says that it can't find the CD Configuration folder in the same folder as iTunes. I made a folder called CD Configuration in the folder and the popup no longer comes up, but I still cannot burn or import CD's for the reasons I outlined in my original post. I've tried to find a solution for this evolved problem but cannot find one, anyone got any links etc?

Once again, all help is appreciated!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds