iTunes won't let me burn...says its a virtual drive problem?

Discussion in 'Software' started by leadster618, Jul 19, 2007.

1. leadster618

leadster618 Private E-2

Okay so today I went to burn an audio cd for the car from iTunes so I could listen to some music. However when I click "burn cd" it gives me a message "Disc Burner or software not found" So I did a troubleshooting test through iTunes and it gave me an error number and a message saying that i was experiencing an error cause by having an "excess virtual drive" and to please remove that drive or stop the drive (i cant remember which) to fix the error. Well I went to my brother who is a little more computer savvy than me and he said that a virtual drive is a program like the program Daemon tools which I apparently used when I played a game he gave me...however I asked him to uninstall it after I finished the game and he did (i didn't know how he got it in there so i let him get rid of it). So now even though the Daemon program is uninstalled it seems to think a "virtual drive" is in there. I asked my brother how to fix it and he didn't know why it was doing that so he told me to come to you guys because he has gotten help from the people here before... So can you help me too? I don't know why its doing this, and there are no other problems except not being able to burn cds from itunes. I would just switch to windows media player and do it, but the songs i want to burn are in the locked itunes mp4 format and they don't show up on windows media player...

Thank you in advance!

2. leadster618

leadster618 Private E-2

Sorry to bump everybody, I know people hate it...but I need help with this...I've researched a little and now I know that virtual drives are apparently frowned upon in terms of legality...however I still don't know how to get rid of this problem....anybody?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds