i've been fiddling around again !!

Discussion in 'Software' started by simonk, Jun 18, 2004.

1. simonk

simonk Corporal

I know ,i know , i should'nt[​IMG]
    but i just wanted to try and see
    right here we go: following adrynalyne's reply to problem of changing the name of o/s i thought id give it a go i ran boot.ini and changed my o/s to" windows 200 professional" just discarding the 0 ,i saved then reststarted machine ,now we come to the tricky part
    i was in work and i have to provide a name & password to get on our network, for some reason i doesnt recognise my password/name (i think that because i have reset the o/s i doesnt recognise me as allowed to gain access to my desktop) someone else tryed with there name and password and it brought up there desktop, so its not the machine its ME!!
    i know that there are 3 people recognised to get into my desktop (me) (administrator) and (administrator/myname) i don't know the administrator password to go in and rechange it back are there any other ways O/S = Windows 2000 Professinol
    i'm off now till monday 9am so i got some time to sweat, i'am on my home pc at the mo
    .you only learn by trying it yourself ....................don't you
    i have some chores to do around the house for a while kids to bed etc.etc.
    so ill check back later on

2. alanc

alanc MajorGeek

3. simonk

simonk Corporal

many thanks alanc[​IMG]
    i will go try this out monday morning

4. simonk

simonk Corporal

[​IMG]
    Right this is what i will do monday :set up a password for myself for the changed o/system then go into boot.ini ,and change it back to windows 2000 professinol then save ,and my previous login/password will be valid.
    that will be ok wont it.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds