Ive found my problems but i dont know where to go..

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Tlecuauhtli, Feb 13, 2006.

1. Tlecuauhtli

Tlecuauhtli Private E-2

2. shnerdly

shnerdly MajorGeek

That link lists some updated drivers but that doesn't mean your existing drivers are causing a problem. It may only mean they want to sell you something. What specific problems are you having and what specific hardware do you have? Without that info I don't know how anyone would be able to help you.

3. Tlecuauhtli

Tlecuauhtli Private E-2

hmm..let me see..My Windows fails to start and ambios fails to detect the Primary Ide Master and Slave it really gets on my nerves,Like something is preventing it from starting and no this isnt a virus .dont know i just want to get rid of this thing.:confused:

4. Tlecuauhtli

Tlecuauhtli Private E-2

heres some sys info..for my system.OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
    Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600
    OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
    System Name CARRILLOHOME-06
    System Manufacturer Sony Corporation
    System Model PCV-RS420(UC)
    System Type X86-based PC
    Processor x86 Family 15 Model 2 Stepping 9 GenuineIntel ~2793 Mhz
    Processor x86 Family 15 Model 2 Stepping 9 GenuineIntel ~2793 Mhz
    BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 2005, 10/29/2004
    SMBIOS Version 2.3
    Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
    System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32
    Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
    Locale United States
    Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "5.1.2600.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)"
    User Name CARRILLOHOME-06\Carrillo
    Time Zone Eastern Standard Time
    Total Physical Memory 512.00 MB
    Available Physical Memory 220.76 MB
    Total Virtual Memory 2.00 GB
    Available Virtual Memory 1.96 GB
    Page File Space 1.22 GB
    Page File C:\pagefile.sys

5. Tlecuauhtli

Tlecuauhtli Private E-2

I understand where ure coming from but i seriously think its one of the device drivers having a conflictwith my system.

6. shnerdly

shnerdly MajorGeek

Too much information is better than not enough.

This could be a dead MB Battery, bad HD Ribbon, bad HD, a corrupt HD, incorrectly set BIOS and a number of other things.

Describe your HardWare. Brand and model of MB. I'll guess HD is IDE not SATA.

7. shnerdly

shnerdly MajorGeek

Sorry, Iwas typing the last post while you were posting the specs.

8. Tlecuauhtli

Tlecuauhtli Private E-2

Hold up MB?:confused: i know my HD is IDE

9. Tlecuauhtli

Tlecuauhtli Private E-2

No prob.:)

10. shnerdly

shnerdly MajorGeek

This doesnt sound like a device driver because the BIOS doesn't recognise the HD. If the BIOS doesn't see it, it can't boot it.

Does the HD spin, can you hear it?

If your BIOS says there is no drive installes but it actually tries to start booting(the WinXP startup screen) then you may have a SCSI HD.

The simplest thing to try first would be to enter the BIOS and try to set the defaults and try a reboot.

MB means Mother Board

11. Tlecuauhtli

Tlecuauhtli Private E-2

Been there done that it works but temporarily.I can turn off anyway and the problem reoccurs, its the same shit everyday,man i need a result .:eek:

12. shnerdly

shnerdly MajorGeek

You say it works if you set the defaults and then the next day it doesnt. That would almost certainly be a dead MotherBoard CMOS battery. The most common battery is in a bracket on the MB and is silver and about the size of a US Quater.

13. Tlecuauhtli

Tlecuauhtli Private E-2

And how would i get this resolved?

14. shnerdly

shnerdly MajorGeek

If this is a desktop machine it should be pretty easy to remove the cover, locate the battery and change it. Hopefully it's not soldered on the MB, most are not.
    If its a laptop I would suggest taking it to someone who is qualified to work on it.

15. Tlecuauhtli

Tlecuauhtli Private E-2

Believe me its a desktop.So can i do thhis now or what?:confused:

16. shnerdly

shnerdly MajorGeek

Go for it. You should be able to get the battery at RadioShack, Best Buy, Circuit City, etc.
    Take the old one with.

17. Tlecuauhtli

Tlecuauhtli Private E-2

ok cool

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds