I've never built a computer before. Are these parts compatible?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by squishy crayons, Sep 21, 2008.

1. squishy crayons

squishy crayons Private E-2

2. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

It looks good, though I'd worry about the power supply as it only has a 20 pin connector + a 4 pin and the motherboard needs a 12V CPU 4 pin connector. The manual recommends that you need a 24 pin because you have a PCIx16 video card which leaves you missing one 4 pin. Perhaps you can get away with it, I'm not sure. At any rate, that is one darn cheap case so expect the power supply to be cheap also. Maybe invest the $60 you have left in a decent name brand PSU.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2008
  3. Stubby

Stubby R.I.P. (September 3, 1949 - January 26, 2011)

I have to reflect Augiedoggie's statement concerning the PSU. I, personally, would follow the advice given and invest in a brand name PSU, Antec, OCZ, Rosewill, and others. That piece of advice is likely to save you some headaches down the line. Is it possible to just buy a case without the PSU and that may leave you more money for a better PSU? Just a suggestion. Trust me, without going into details, I am a FIRM believer in a quality PSU!!;) I'd just hate to see you invest your money in quality parts and then have those parts connected to a PSU with questionable quality and reliability.

4. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds