Japanese Missing from reg. options list

Discussion in 'Software' started by razz04, Jul 30, 2005.

1. razz04

razz04 Private E-2

so i was trying to install japanese stuff to run japanese programs and i seems that its missing from the langugue for non-unicode programs list Sad Huh

i don't know what i do and i don't have the windows cd (if needed at all) either. any help would be great!

[​IMG]

2. Coco

Coco Sergeant Major

You're so close. Just go to the Languages tab instead of the advanced tab and you'll see two check boxes. One of which is for adding in east asian languages (which includes japanese support). As far as I know you will in fact require a windows CD to add that. Once that check box is checked japanese will appear on that list immediatly after Italian.

3. razz04

razz04 Private E-2

damn i my comp never came with a disk after it came back from repair...but i read somewhere (forgot where) that siad if your pc never came with a disk it would still have those files somewhere on ur hd. are you sure theres no other way? =(

4. Coco

Coco Sergeant Major

If it's asking for a disk then there is no other way. It was common practice in the 9x period to copy the entire disk to the HD since it was needed to even change IP's if you had to readd a protocol. This is very uncommon with windows XP since you basiclly never need the disk except when adding extra content such as IIS or languages that use an entirely diffrent type of alphabet, and usually if those things are needed they are installed when installing the OS. It's rare that people add them after.

So in short, you need a disk, there is no way around it.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds