Java Console Window - how do I keep it closed?

Discussion in 'Software' started by pegg, May 25, 2004.

1. pegg

pegg MajorGeek

I had to reinstall Java (Sun Java). I have version 1.4.2_04 now.

It used to be that when I'd open up IE 6 and a web page used Java a little java cup would appear in my start up tray -- that was all.

Now -- the Java Console pops up with this at the top:
    Java(TM) Plug-in: Version 1.4.2_04
    Using JRE version 1.4.2_04 Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM
    User home directory = C:\Documents and Settings\Pam

Proxy Configuration: No proxy

and then a list of commands....

I always have to hit "close"...so, what am I missing here. I want JAVA enabled and want to use it...but I don't want to close this stupid console each time I go online.

(Yeah, yeah, I'm sure it's something obvious -- hey, it came installed on my computer. I'm patting myself on the back for reinstalling it). :p

Plus it's installed in C:\Program Files\Java but at the same time I did that there's files installed under C:\Sun -- although a lot of those folders are empty. Is this a problem?

2. pegg

pegg MajorGeek

Can it get any simpler than that?

erm, thanks, I guess I'm still getting used to the "new views" under Windows XP and I forget I can get into a program and change settings like that....:eek:

3. pegg

pegg MajorGeek

OKAY -- how 'bout this part?

When I checked properties they have the same date I installed Java in the Program Files...

Is this a problem?

4. pegg

pegg MajorGeek

Yeah, I did the online install. I realized that alot of the subfolders were empty, but some weren't which I thought was odd. I think they were set up right before the Program files were so it makes sense they were used "during installation". Thanks for your wise help. I don't like extra stuff sitting around...

Yep - I've got the 1.4.2_04 version ---- thanks for checking on that.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds