Java, Safe Mode, and Scandisk troubles.

Discussion in 'Software' started by He who is S, May 25, 2004.

1. He who is S

He who is S Private E-2

Today, I decided to run a scandisk and defrag. I clicked the boxes that needed to be clicked when running a scandisk, then I restarted. To my surprise, for the first time ever, Scandisk didn't want to run. It said something like "Windows doesn't have access to the volume." After that, I tried to boot into Safe Mode... I couldn't. It froze while it was loading up, several times. Around this time, I remembered I tried to install Java Runtime Environment 4.whatever (the newest) yesterday and it wouldn't install fully because it couldn't gain access to certain files, or something along those lines.

I'm running Windows XP Home.

Any idea what the problem could be? I have a feeling they're all connected in some way.

2. He who is S

He who is S Private E-2

I discovered what wouldn't let me run Scandisk and boot into Safe Mode...

... it was Zone Alarm. I could run Scandisk and boot into Safe Mode just fine after I uninstalled it.

The Java troubles still occur, however. Below are some images of the errors I receive.

Attached Files:

3. highly_volatile

highly_volatile Private First Class

4. He who is S

He who is S Private E-2

That fixed it. Thanks.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds