Jeantech ATX Case question....

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by RoxnRoll, Feb 14, 2006.

1. RoxnRoll

RoxnRoll Private E-2

...the wires that go to the power button, leds, etc are white and another colour depending on the wire... I don't have the manual and can't for the life of me work out whether white is positive or negative. (I forgot to look properly before I disconnected them - yes I'm an idiot... ;) ) I've looked on the (very sparse) Jeantech site with no success.

Help appreciated - my machine is currently in pieces after installing a new motherboard... :)

2. thesmokingun

thesmokingun MajorGeek

i believe that a lot of mobo's are pretty much the same and so are the colors of the wires. check for a little diagram of how they are supposed to plugged in printed on the mobo, that may help. your solution should be in the mobo manual.

3. shnerdly

shnerdly MajorGeek

White is common also called negative. If you hookup an LED backwards it wont do any damage, it just won't work. If you hookup the power or reset switch backwards it wont make any difference, it will work either way.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds