Jedi Academy launch failed (errorcode 51)

Discussion in 'Software' started by Glow20, Jul 18, 2010.

1. Glow20

Glow20 Private E-2

I have Windows 7 and I think that its the reason why I can't play Jedi Academy anymore.
    When im trying to launch Jedi Academy it says:

"Steam - Game launch failed
    Game Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy launch failed (errorcode 51)."

Thats the problem. And I think that you understand that i bought my JKA from steam.
    The most weird thing in this problem is that first came that errorcode message then I did something and restarted my computer and JKA worked half hour. When game worked I put japlus files to gamedata folder. I didn't launch game after putting files to gamedata folder because it was time to go sleep. Next morning game didn't work anymore. I reinstalled JKA like hundred times but still came errorcode 51 messages.

-What is the problem?

Thank You.

2. Mimsy

Mimsy Superior Imperial Queen of the MG Games Forum

Did you recently switch to 7, and what OS did you have before where the game worked?

Two "obvious" things to try:

I know you said you reinstalled, but if you haven't verified the game cache yet, do that as well.

What antivirus do you have installed? Some of them interfere with Steam files, since Steam auto-updates and patches, and antivirus/firewalls freak out when a file changes without them knowing about it. Set your security apps to ignore or allow your steamapps folder and try launching the game again.

3. XeirA

XeirA Private E-2

Glow20 copied that comment from me from TSF but np.

I had Windows 7 64bit when game worked.

How and where I can verify game cache?
    How and where I can set my Security Apps ignore or allow Steam Apps folder?

-So what is the problem?

Thank You.

4. Mimsy

So what do you have now...? :confused

In Steam Library, right-click on the game, pick Properties, and go to the Local Files tab. Third button should be "verify integrity of game cache".

By the way, this is assuming that every other Steam game you've ever bought works perfectly fine and that this is the only one with problems. If other Steam games also have issues, we need to look at other stuff as well.

That depends on which security applications you have. Most firewalls and AV programs have a section for "exceptions" to their security policies. It's usually in the advanced options or advanced preferences. If I knew what your security apps were, it'd be easier for me to answer that question though.

That's a hint to give me more details on them than you've done to far. ;)

That's what we're trying to find out. :)

5. XeirA

XeirA Private E-2

Yep. That is what we're trying to find out. :)

6. Mimsy

Okay, I am now officially confused. Are you the one with a problem, or did you re-post that from someone else? Who's Glow if you're the one who needs help?

If you have a separate problem, please start your own thread. If you're both the same person, state it openly.

7. XeirA

XeirA Private E-2

8. Mimsy

Okay. So you're saying that you're two different persons, and Glow should be ignored since you're the one who actually have a problem? If that's the case, then you need to answer the questions I asked you earlier and actually provide the information you've been asked to provide.

I have no idea who you two are and how you know each other, but you're not exactly making it easy for me to help you. Pick one single forum and stay there, and if you decide on this one, either pick one single user name in this one or ask your friends to stop posting in your name and add to the confusion. They might mean well, but so does the moron who pours gasoline on a burning man from sheer lack of knowing better.

Oh, and once again, provide the information you're asked to provide. That is, if you actually want help and aren't just here to waste people's time.

9. XeirA

XeirA Private E-2

Thank You Mimsy you helped me out.

It was firewall what was my problem. It didnt let me to play.:)

So I followed your saying.

With love<3;) : XeirA :)

10. Mimsy

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds