Jetico Personal Firewall crashed me.

Discussion in 'Software' started by mdvbilt, May 13, 2005.

1. mdvbilt

mdvbilt Private E-2

I just wanted to mention that I just tried the Jetico Personal Firewall and it totally crashed my computer; I was just barely able to save it from having to do a complete system overhaul. The program just kept rebooting and wouldn't stop. I got lucky when it went into Safe Mode and I was able to restore to an earlier time. Stay away!

2. ASUS

ASUS MajorGeek

Before running Jetico, did you disable XP's firewall?
    You should only run one firewall.

I've never used Jetico, but it's avaible here at MG there pretty careful what the post, so I'd quess the problem lies with the user or user's PC.

I prefer Sygate or even ZA both are on the front page.

3. adel

adel Private E-2

I'll have to agree. While I was having problems w/ some open ports in my security suite, I uninstalled it & temporarily downloaded Jetico firewall. My windows firewall was disabled. As soon as I installed this program, my computer crashed. I had the same problem: Rebooting non-stop over & over & over again. Tried to remove it form win/add remove nothing.

I had to do a whole advanced system recovery, never mind losing all my personal files. i just wanted to save my two months old computer.

I thought I should mention that.

4. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

Jetico is not my favorite, but I am unable to duplicate any crahing whatsoever. You might try Zone Alarm, its a better product.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds