JIT Debugger and ASP.NET

Discussion in 'Software' started by Denise_M, Jan 19, 2007.

1. Denise_M

Denise_M MajorGeek

Hi,

I have Windows XP Pro, SP2, IE7.

I watch a lot of videos on my computer. Lately, I've been receiving ASP.NET messages that say that if I had JIT Debugger enabled, it would have debugged the problem and I wouldn't have to manually fix the problem.

I recently bought a HP 5610 All-In-One Printer and this problem started after I installed the software for the printer. I've been in contact with HP and they sent me an updated disk but it made matters worse. I uninstalled the software and reinstalled the disk that came with the printer.

I have .NET Framework 1.1 installed on my computer. At one time, I downloaded and installed 2.0. I didn't like it so I uninstalled 2.0 but I keep getting updates for it. Since I don't have 2.0 installed in my pc, I've read that I can turn off ASP.NET and JIT Debugging and this problem would go away. If I do this, would it cause problems with other programs in my pc?

Denise

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds