Johnny Carson Podcasts

Discussion in 'Software' started by wmarkj, Mar 13, 2006.

1. wmarkj

wmarkj Sergeant

The m4v podcasts on http://videopodcast.johnnycarson.com/ can be viewed. I was wondering if I can download them to my pc? When I do so, it has an additional extension of .htm, instead of just the quicktime m4v. Then it won't launch from desktop. How to do?

2. MrPewty

MrPewty MajorGeek

I right clicked on the podcast, and used the "save as" option to download it it. It saved as an .m4v file. Then opened it with Quicktime. It works for me...

3. wmarkj

wmarkj Sergeant

Using Firefox, I get the .htm additional extension. I did it with IE, and get an additional mp4 extension, but it plays with Quicktime.

4. Just Playin

Just Playin MajorGeek

Delete the aditional extension when you save it. You should also be able to delete the extra extension from the ones you have already. Just acknowledge the warning and it will play.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds