Jotie's System Idle Process Problem

Discussion in 'Software' started by jotie, Jun 1, 2008.

1. jotie

jotie Private E-2

Okay, I've read most of the threads that had the same thing that is said towards what I just typed up there, but the thing is is that I don't get pop-ups or anything. My System Idle Process currently runs around 90-95 CPU. It currently lags my computer badly enough as it is. I restart my computer, but it seems to not work, because when I have those few ten seconds of no lag, it comes back again.

I'm currently using a Customized E-machines, but the problem is, it's a Windows XP Without Genuine, or whatever that crap is. I've followed the steps upon removing uneeded programs and the programs that I stopped that I don't need. However, the system Idle process is down to 80-95 still... So I think that may helped some.

When I try to play Final Fantasy XI on this computer, usually I don't lag too bad out in the field where there's no other people around. But currently, it's just lagging so bad, I can't concentrate on what I am doing.

I'm not much of a computer-geek, so I don't know what to do. If someone could help me, do it step-by-step please, but you don't have to do it step-by-step. Just more explain it to me to the point of a newbie to understand your answer.

Thank you for reading this. I will follow anyone's advise if you post it up.

((Oh, and if I posted this in the wrong section, please tell me and that I'm sorry.))

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

System idle process is in normal usage up in the range you have posted in 80-95% as this process signifies that the CPU is doing nothing and idle, this is very normal, its when another process is taking CPU time that you need to worry.

Your lag in a game may well be due to your system specs and lack of power to play this type of game, it may well be not so bad when their are not too many characters or items on the screen BUT when more items are in view then the CPU, RAM and more so the GPU ( Graphics Processing Unit ) as in your graphic card will need to work harder and if these are not upto the recomended specs or above you may have game lag.

If your playing this online then you enter anotehr area in which the speed of your internet can lag a game as the screens are not refreshed quick enough.

You could try the cleanup steps highlighted here in this FAQ http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=106650

So what are your PC specs?

3. jotie

jotie Private E-2

Ah, actually, I don't know how to spec my computer. All I know is that I'm running my computer at the lowest setting I can think of ((as in, having the orignal window's look)). But if you could tell me how to find it, it would be great.

I'm using a Windows XP. That's all I know truthfully.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds