Jpeg and XP

Discussion in 'Software' started by dmd31842, Dec 28, 2009.

1. dmd31842

dmd31842 Corporal

My computer (Windows XP) suddenly cannot open any Jpeg files. Is there a fix for this?

2. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

How are you trying to open them? When did this start happening? If you launch Paint, can you navigate to a .jpg file and open it? If not, what happens when you try?

3. dmd31842

dmd31842 Corporal

Haven't tried that but I will. Uusally, all I would have to do is doubleclick the jpeg and it would open. Never had to use Paint before but will try that. On a different computer but will try later and let you know. Thanks

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

If you can open with Paint then jpeg files are ok, but the association is lost, so grab the association fix from Doug Knox here and run it, its alot more indepth a fix than just right click a jpeg and choosing open with to select a default, this restores the jpg association back to default.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds