JPEG/Data recovery app, What to use?

Discussion in 'Software' started by ironhorse23, Oct 18, 2005.

1. ironhorse23

ironhorse23 Private E-2

Hi,
    I can't seem to open some of the JPEG files that i got. I don't get an error message when i open them in Windows Picture Viewer, it just says No Preview Available. When i try opening them in Photoshop it says "Could not complete your request because an un known or invalid JPEG marker type was found" What does this mean and what software can i use to retrieve it?

2. theefool

theefool Geekified

How large are the files?

Perhaps can you post, as an attachment the file in question?

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Also where did these JPEGs come from was it a HP digital camera by any chance?

4. ironhorse23

ironhorse23 Private E-2

I had an old disk from digital juice stock photo library.
    Its on my other computer, i'll show you a file later tonight, cause I'm ay school now. The file size ranges from 600kb to 1.5mb, there are about 200 of them that i'd like to restore and see if theya re any usefull anymore.

5. ironhorse23

ironhorse23 Private E-2

the files are too large, so i can't attach 'em.

6. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

7. ironhorse23

ironhorse23 Private E-2

I tried the app you suggested, but it doesn't open. it receive "format of the file could not be determined" error.

Here's a link to the file that i could not open. i havea ton of these files.
    http://s48.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3RMEQ234STGYP0ZJNAD13R9AUZ

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds