Jpg program problem

Discussion in 'Software' started by marty402000, Jul 23, 2006.

1. marty402000

marty402000 Private E-2

Having trouble designating a program that windows uses to open jpgs when i double click on them. Windows gives me the prompt to choose the program. I browse, but the window does not hold the program and the next time it pompts me again. Actually, it does not open the program. I use adobe photoshop as this comp is soley used for editing. The program doesnt even open . I have to open adobe, he got to file open. Its a pain with no fix that i can find. I know you guys know how to solve these things easy. Thanks.

2. MKorostoff

MKorostoff Private First Class

Forgive me if I'm giving you advice that you have already attempted to follow, but I'm not sure exactly what you mean by 'browse'. In any event, this should work:

When you click "select program from list" you should see a window like this:
    [​IMG]

You say photoshop does not appear in this list. You can still find it, but first, make sure you have checked "Always use the selected program." Now, to find PS, click the browse button, and go to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop\Photoshop (<--the executable). All together you are looking for this:
    [​IMG]

Forgive me if you already tried this. If this does not work for you, I'm affraid I'm at a loss.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds