Jumpy scrolling with XP pro in all apps

Discussion in 'Software' started by jrevolta, May 13, 2005.

1. jrevolta

jrevolta Private E-2

Hello, first time posting.

My problem...loaded (had W2k) XP Pro......clean install..and re-format...
    Have a Logitech wireless w/USB.....now in all apps the scroll function is really jumpy. I have changed setting on mouse from default (3 lines) to 1 to full page and is still the same. Also smooth scrolling in IE. There are no apparent hardware conflicts and no other hardware changes have been made. I have also used another mouse (same make) with same results. The touch pad also exhibits the same issue. I have 2 machines exactly the same and only one exibits this problems. I have been thru this and other forums to no avail.

Anyone have any suggestions.

TIA

2. capn_caveman

capn_caveman Sergeant

Don't know if this will help, but try uninstalling the mouse drivers and downloading the latest versions from Logitech and install those.

3. Novice

Novice MajorGeek

Check and make sure that you have the latest driver for your video card, and see if this helps.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds