junper settings for duel hard drives

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mgrist, Aug 13, 2004.

1. mgrist

mgrist Private Weapons

In duel boot that is. Do I put them both on Master or both on Cable select, one master one slave.
    I'm wanting to run two different OS's each on it's own hard drive out of one machine.

Thanks guys

2. acejones

acejones A Different Title

one master, one slave if both are on the same channel (using same ribbon cable)

3. mgrist

mgrist Private Weapons

Thanks I've done the duel boot off of one hard drive a couple, three times, but I can't get a duel boot going with two hard drives. Maybe now I can :)

4. Rob M.

Rob M. First Sergeant

Acejones dealt with the hardware end of it. Hopefully, that's all you'll need to worry about.

But there may be some software issues. Some OS's will only start from the primary (master) drive; there may be limitations that require that the OS software be placed on the primary hard drive within the first 1024 cylinders or within the first 8GB of the drivespace.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds