Just A Minor Irritation---

Discussion in 'Software' started by avondude, Mar 7, 2006.

1. avondude

avondude Senior Member, 25% Off All Posts

Am running XP Home with a DSL hookup---when I click on IE, sometimes, two windows open at a time---is there a cure for this irritation?---just recently reinstalled windows and then ran Registry Mechanic---hmmmmm---it found 400 some odd errors and "fixed" them---could this be my problem?---if so, dare I put those 400 errors back into my machine and not run Registry Mechanic?---thanks much for any help

2. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

Two things you might try are un/reinstalling it. You do this via the 'Windows Components' section of Add/Remove programs.

Another thing you might try is IEFix, although, it does not seem to list your symptom.

3. avondude

avondude Senior Member, 25% Off All Posts

Thanks much for your reply---my goodness---think I'm just going to have to live with this until I reinstall again---if ever---it only happens now and then---oh well, everything else works perfectly---count my blessings!---thanks again---this forum is "teh bomb"!---have learned so much just visiting---

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Where on the screen are you clicking IE is it the desktop or is it the quick launch bar?

The quicklaunch IE icon opens with one click ( which would open two IE windows if doubled clicked ) opposed to the desktops double click.

A possible area to look at is in any folder click Tools > Folder Options and see if under "Click Items as Follows" that the option you want is checked.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds